Tuesday, May 29, 2012

dusty old cowboy songs got shit in my eyes again.
got a girl over there waiting for me.
not a hope in hell of prying us apart.
no chisel sharp enough to get between us.
not a hope in hell, no wind strong enough
to blow me of course
willy was right, the parties over.
everybody out, i gotta get going

dust n smoke and a poke in the eye may have blurred my sight..
but my aim is true, and she's way too bright a light
for me to ever miss
not a hope in hell of losing my way
never been lost, it just looked that way.
not a hope in hell, my compass on a river bank
three valleys back.
threw it over my shoulder, just to keep things real.

spin me round and pour another shot you wanna put this to the test.
she's got my heart in a safe safe place
not a hope in hell anyone breaks it again.
a pickaxe wouldn't make it through that girl.
not a hope in hell,  i wouldn't wanna be there
to see you try.
if satan was real, and wanted to take a poke
i'd hafta pick him up, dust him off and say i told you so.

like a desperado waiting for the plane.
i know when to pack and what is important
not a hope in hell i'm missing that girl
nothin in the way that i can't clear
not a hope in hell,
she's got my back
i don't get lost and she don't miss
take my ticket and get out of the way.










No comments:

Post a Comment