Monday, April 2, 2012

serenity mako balaam marsh

I love you sweetheart but when Soo-z asked for a story or a piece of advice for a young lady just turning into a teenager I was stumped. I have nothing useful for anyone at that age as i am still figuring it out myself.
All I can give you is a flash back to the moment you helped me grow a little.
I used to surf your couch frequently, you've seen me at my best and worst and loved me through it all.
You made a stuffed bear for me by the name of mister bear and made sure I had mister bear if I was there in the evening or woke me up with mister bear in the morning if you were in bed when I showed up. One day you told me you had done something terrible and before I thought I accused you of losing him. It was thoughtless and cruel and only half true, you had left him at a friends so and burst into tears when I said that. It took a a big hug and many apologies to dry those tears.
The next day you had made me another bear, mister replacement bear and said I could keep him and take him with me wherever I went so I have. Mister replacement bear has been in my pack around the world and on countless climbing trips. You got mister bear back and forgave me.
That little bear reminds me every time I look at him to think before I speak, sometimes in time sometimes not.
Thank you Serenity Mako Balaam Marsh for the unconditional love of a little stuffed bear, your as grown up now as you will ever need to be and I wish you nothing but the best for ever, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment